pLayers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prot pala/resto shaman

5 posters

Go down

Prot pala/resto shaman Empty Prot pala/resto shaman

Post  Dprest Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:51 am

Character Information

Character Name:
Phoénix and Dprest

Class:
Paladin (Phoénix) and Shaman (Dprest)

Talent Build and why you chose it:
Phoénix:
5-53-13 (Prot)
Dprest:
0-16-55 (Resto)
Because I hardly ever use HW, I chose to go with Elemental Weapons spec instead of Imp. HW.

What is your dps/tanking/healing rotation/priority on spells:
Phoénix:
AS > HS > HotJ > Consecration > Judgement > SoR and so on

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Karazhan&n=Pho%C3%A9nix

Dprest:
I don’t use any specific rotation as I try to adapt to the situation, I try to heal as mana efficient as I can manage without endangering the raid while keeping up AH on tanks. I have gemmed mainly for haste, which means my main spell would probably be CH.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Karazhan&n=Dprest

Do you have any alts? If so please list them here:

None worth mentioning here.

Raid Progress:
Classic - Everything but Ahn’Qiraj
TBC – Everything but Sunwell
WotLK – ToC10 cleared, Ulduar10 except General and Yogg-Saron, ToC25 3/5.

Personal Information

Dprest:
Where are you from?:
We’re both from Denmark, living on the west coast.

Tell us a little about yourself:
Phoénix:
I am currently studying to become an engineer, which takes a lot of time, also some evenings, which means I cannot always be on at exactly 20, but I can always be on for 20:45. Other than that I also have a girlfriend who needs to be entertained at times. But when it comes down to it I can manage all your raids.
Dprest:
I am currently studying to become a teacher, which is a very independent study, so I can basically distribute how I spend my time the way I like. Other than that I like drinking beer and screw fat chicks with low self-esteem who are eager to please! :>

General Information

What guilds have you previously been in and reason why you left/got removed.
We have both been in the guild Lords of the Horde, we joined it while leveling and have so far stayed there for fun and the company. So we have basically not been in any serious guild in WotlK. Since this guild is not raiding we are pursuing a new one.

Do you know anyone in the guild who can vouch for you?
Perhaps Feezo and Pseudo

Are you comfortable with not always having a guaranteed raiding spot?
Well, if the raid is full, there’s not much to do.

pLayers generally raids from 20-24 server time from sunday-thursday. What days and times (server time)can you raid?
Phoénix:
Nearly all days, but would be best from 20:45.
Dprest:
I can make it to all raiding days, with the rare exception. During the weekends I will probably be drunk.

Do you have ventrilo or are willing to install it?
Sure thing.

What addons do you use?
Phoénix:
Omen, Recount, DBM, Bartender, Grid.
For raiding, using some others to please myself Wink
Dprest:
Domino, Pitbull, Grid, DBM.
Using mouseover macros instead of clique or other click addons.

Finally Why should we pick you?
Because you won’t find anyone better, period.

Anything else you would like to add?
No thanks. See you in /g.

Dprest

Back to top Go down

Prot pala/resto shaman Empty Re: Prot pala/resto shaman

Post  Taima Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:10 am

Ok, a couple of questions speaking as a tank. Why gimp your hit/exp so much for that amount of health? Also, why no SoV glyph? The stacking holy damage is insane threat and it applies on all targets hit even with HotR, the glyph (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43869) gives 10 extra expertise while it's active, which is something you're quite lacking and is very good for threat and survival (no parry gibs, yay!).

I'll pass commenting on the resto shaman as I don't know much about them ^^

Taima

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:35 pm

Easy question to answer. I could glyph/socket otherwise if I wanted to, but so far so good, I haven't had any problems keeping aggro due to threat problems or missed hits due to my "little" in your opinion hit/expertise rating.
If you take a look on other tankadins gear from top guilds in EU, they don't got a single gem with hit/expertise rating cuz once you get def capped its all about maximizing your hp pool Wink

phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Taima Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:48 pm

Still, no sov glyph and not even soft capped for exp...in toc 25 hc that is going to be a major drawback. You really want to get at LEAST the 6% to avoid dodges, it really hurts your threat and also...most pala tanks in the top guilds DO have a lot of stam yes, but they have the exp soft cap + SoV glyph, giving a decent amount of expertise. Also, in toc 25 hc tank swaps are vital on some fights (esp gormok), a missed taunt can kill and you're badly missing hit. I do know what I'm talking about btw, feral tanks ftw ^^

I myself stack a lot of stam, but not to the exclusion of all else.

Taima

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:43 pm

Hmm, still if you compare my hit and expertise rating vs other paladins in top end guilds, you will see that my hit rating at least is way higher than theirs, so I really don't find it necessary to get more hit rating.
Regarding the SoV glyph, there are actually not many paladins with that glyph, but if you think it would benefit the guild if I get that glyph, I will get it, nps Wink

phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakkerr Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:54 am

Tanks not being hitcapped...
had so much wipes cuz of that

Jakkerr

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowskil Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:07 am

why would a tankadin get "judgements of the just" but not "spiritual attunement"?
Why glyph for Consecration and not Blessing of Salvation? ( yes BoS gives -2% threat per second for 10 seconds but it also gives you -20% dmg taken which is a lot in fights were all CD's are needed)
Divinity talent is pretty much a must for heroic fights since 5% out of a normal FoL which crits for 8k is 400 HP ( i crit more then that in my offspec gear btw full raid buffed ). 400x3 healers is 1200 HPS in my opinion it is a lot.
Going for "heart of the crusader" is useless for a tankadin divinity is way better.

shadowskil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down